To provide programs and promote activities to improve the
quality of life for children, youth, adults, seniors, and families.
SEAC. Inc. was established in 2007 as a non-profit, charitable organization to serve the citizens of Prince George's County, Maryland. SEAC, Inc. is a grass-roots organization that was initiated by the Seaton Memorial African Methodist Episcopal Church, located in Lanham, Maryland. Our name, Seaton Empowering Action in the Community, exemplifies the organization’s mission of service to the community through a philanthropic structure. Recognizing the strength of partnerships, SEAC, Inc. maximizes its resources by partnering with schools, civic associations, and other non-profit organizations in carrying out its programs, and tailors those programs to best meet the needs of the communities we serve.
Established the Mathematics Enrichment Program (MAP) in partnership with Thomas Johnson Middle School and its Parent Teachers Association to help students who were at risk of failing mathematics. The results:
- Approximately 50 students participated
- Students achieved 95% attendance record
- Saw 58% increase in student participation in our second session
- All of our students improved andprogressed to the next math subject
- Parents reported that MAP studentsshowed a greater interest in school and a better attitude toward learning
- Provided clothing to a family left homeless after a tragic fire
Partnered with local organizations to provide meals to needy families including:
- Kappa Epilson Lambda Foundation (philanthropic arm of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.), Kappa Epsilon Lambda Chapter
- Prince George's County Department of Social Services
- Lincoln-Vista Civic Association
Partnered with local organizations to award scholarships to high school students from Prince George’s County